Katherine Berns Van Donk Steenbock Professorship in Nutrition
To: Chairs, Departments in the Biological Sciences
From: Martin Cadwallader, Vice Chancellor for Research and Dean of the Graduate School
Date: November 7, 2012
Subject: Katherine Berns Van Donk Steenbock Professorship in Nutrition
Deadline for internal competition is Friday, February 15 , 2013.
The Graduate School is pleased to announce the competition for the Katherine Berns Vank Donk Steenbock Professorship in Nutrition. This professorship, which is endowed through the generosity of Mrs. Evelyn Steenbock, is among the most prestigious and important professorships for the support of research on campus. The award provides flexible research funds in the amount of earnings on the principal held at UW Trust Funds annually for a period of ten years. For more information about Steenbock Professorships, please see http://www.grad.wisc.edu/research/researchfunding/steenbock.html
Any person who is tenured or tenure-track faculty member in the Natural Sciences engaged in research in the field of nutritional sciences may be nominated. However, according to the terms of the professorship, the nominees may not hold an endowed profesship from another source.
Internal Competition Application Instructions:
Nominations may be submitted by UW-Madison departments or by groups of at least three faculty members.
Applications for internal competition:
1. Include the following sections in the nominee ’s application for the internal review.
- Letter of nomination from chair/director
- Full CV including a complete list of publications
- Summary of nominee's research accomplishments (5 pp maximum)
- Summary of nominee's teaching evaluations
- 4-7 letters of recommendation from outside experts in the nominee's field
- samples (no more than 10) of recent and major publications
2. Save application as a pdf file. (If you would like to break the application into two pdfs, you can send the sample publications as a separate pdf)
3 . Submit the application as an email attachment to email@example.com by Friday, February, 2013 with "Steenbock-applicant’s last name" in the subject line of the email message.
The final selection will be made by a committee of experts in the relevant field chosen from U.S. universities, Canadian universities, and federal agencies. Interested departments or groups of at least three faculty members are invited to recommend names of potential members of the selection committee. Recommendations can be submitted by Friday, February 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the competition?
E-mail email@example.com or call Donna Paulnock (262-1044) or Heather Daniels (263-7274).