Graduate Student Peer Mentor Awards
Nomination Deadline: February 21, 2012
Announcement of recipients will be made via email to all winners and nominators by: February 29, 2012
Peer Mentor Awards Ceremony: March 29, 2012
Location: Memorial Union, Tripp Commons
Honor the graduate student in your department who takes the time to help others succeed in graduate school by nominating him or her for a Graduate Student Peer Mentor Award! Any graduate student, staff or faculty member may submit a nomination for this award on behalf of a deserving graduate student. To nominate an outstanding graduate student mentor, simply submit a one-page description describing in detail how this person exhibits mentorship qualities. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com.
- The nominee must be a UW-Madison Graduate Student who has mentored other graduate students.
- Individuals or groups may collaborate to submit a single nomination on behalf of one nominee. Please include a list of participating nominators, choosing one individual to be the contact person for your group. (Format shown at the end of this email)
- Nominators must submit a one-page description describing in detail how this person exhibits mentorship qualities. Submit the description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominators must submit a short (three or four sentences) statement written by you or your group, which would be used to publicly and personally congratulate your nominee as the award is given. The statement may be what the mentee would like to say personally to his/her Mentor, or what the nominator(s) would like the award presenter to say about the nominated Mentor. The Master of Ceremonies will identify which kind of statement is being read. Please be appropriate and professional in your content.
- Preference will be given to nominations describing specific instances of peer mentorship.
Refreshments and hors d'œuvres will be provided at the ceremony.
This program is organized annually by the Multicultural Graduate Network (MGN), the Graduate Student Collaborative (GSC), and the UW-Madison Graduate School.
Please include the following information with your application. You may copy and paste the following lists and use them to label the information you send in your nominating e-mail.
Nominee Information:Nominee's First Name
Nominee's Last Name
Nominee's E-mail address
Nominee's Program/ Department
Each nomination must have a primary nominator who will act as the contact for this nomination. Up to two other nominators may be listed as well.
Primary Nominator Information:
Primary Nominator's First Name
Primary Nominator's Last Name
Primary Nominator's E-mail Address
Primary Nominator's Program/ Department
Second Nominator Information:
Second Nominator's First Name
Second Nominator's Last Name
Second Nominator's E-mail Address
Second Nominator's Program/ Department
Third Nominator Information:
Third Nominator's First Name
Third Nominator's Last Name
Third Nominator's E-mail Address
Third Nominator's Program/ Department