Submit to the Graduate School:
Nonrefundable $56 application fee that is payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), debit/atm card (through the electronic application), personal check or money order, drawn on a U.S. bank. Please do not send cash.
Send checks or money orders to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
228 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1380
Please do not send transcripts, reasons for graduate study, letters of recommendations or any other departmental documentation to the Graduate School. These materials will not be forwarded to your department/program.
International applicants: Please do not send financial documents until requested by the Graduate School. This information will be requested upon a positive admission recommendation from the department/program.
The Department Should Receive:
Department requirements vary. You should check department Web pages for program specific requirements and contact information
- Any letters of recommendation that are not filed electronically by your recommender
- Reasons for Graduate study/Statement of Purpose (if not included in this application).
- List of awards, honors, and/or publications (if not included in this application).
- Official transcripts or academic records from each institution attended.
*International academic records must be in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Documents must be issued by the school with the official seal/stamp and an official signature.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Official GRE, if required by your department/program.
GRE scores are sent electronically from ETS. Use ETS institution code 1846. We store this information centrally so you do not need a department code.
- Official TOEFL or Melab scores.
TOEFL/Melab scores are required of all applicants whose native language is not English, or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English. TOEFL scores are sent electronically from ETS. Use ETS institution code 1846.
- Requirements vary between programs. Please check department websites for requirements. Phone numbers and websites can be found here