Graduate School Equity & Diversity Committee
New to site:
Graduate School Equity & Diversity Progress Report for FY 2011-2012 (New January 2013)
Welcome packet for new members (Updated November 2012)
Climate survery and exit interview form (New December 2011)
The Graduate School Equity & Diversity Committee (GSE&D Committee) will provide leadership and direction to the Graduate School Centers and Institutes as they integrate equity and diversity initiatives into their work environments.
We will make a difference in creating inclusive environments that provide opportunities for all individuals through recruitment, retention, climate, mentoring and networking initiatives.Goals
- Provide timely information and resources to Graduate School Centers and Institutes in regard to:
- Best practices for recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce
- Guidelines for evaluating and enhancing climate
- Strategies for effective mentoring of employees
- Provide leadership in creating Equity and Diversity Plans across all Centers and Institutes so as to establish goals and action plans in areas outlined above.
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of Equity and Diversity Plans across all Centers and Institutes
- Apprise the Dean of progress in implementing Equity and Diversity plans across Centers and Institutes and any issues that have been identified.
- Keep Centers and Institutes informed of relevant issues, initiatives, workshops and resources, both locally and globally.
- Work cooperatively with other Equity and Diversity committees on campus.