2012 - 2013 Fellowship Rates
Academic.........................$ 18,756 Annual.............................$ 22,440
Total Cost of Fellowship
|Academic Stipend Estimated||$18,756||$18,756||Annual Stipend Estimated||$22,440||$22,440|
|Fringe Benefits||5,500||5,500||Fringe Benefits||6,620||6,620|
|Flexible Funds||1,500||1,500||Flexible Funds||1,500||1,500|
|Estimated Tuition||12,200||3,000||Estimated Tuition||14,800||4,300|
- Use only Account Code 5712 for payrolling annual fellows and use only Account Code 5732 for payrolling academic fellows. Use Program 9 for ALL payroll transactions.
- Do NOT use Account Codes 2710 and 2714 for payrolling fellows.
- Use ONLY Account Code 5713 AND Program 9 for tuition payments.
- The flexible funds can be paid all at once using Account Code 5709 and Program 4 (research) or can be paid for individual transactions using the appropriate Account Code and Program 4.
- Click here to download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form .
WAIVER OF THE OUT-OF-STATE PORTION OF TUITION
- Non-residents of Wisconsin who are appointed as Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellows are eligible for a remission of the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees. Each semester, the appointing department must initiate a request to the Graduate School for this remission. Click here to download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form. Completed forms can be submitted to the Graduate School's Office of Fellowship and Funding Resources by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
THIRD PARTY DEFERRAL OF IN-STATE TUITION AND SEGREGATED FEES
In-State tuition and fees should be charged directly to the Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships accounts. One-half of each semester's in-state tuition and seg fees should be deferred to the Department's 233 account and the other half to the Graduate School's 135 account. Each Semester, the appointing department must send a memo or e-mail the Bursar's Office to arrange this deferral. This request does not go through the Graduate School. Please refer to the Bursar's 3rd Party Deferral Policy (http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/bursar/thirdpsp.html) for the information to send when making this request. Once the deferral is set up, the Bursar's Office will send the Fellow's invoice for tuition and seg fees to the department contact for payment. Put both the department's 233 and the Graduate's School 135 account coding on the invoice and send it to Accounting Services for payment.
Fellows are eligible for health insurance. Contact your department's fringe benefits counselor for more information.
During their fellowship, fellows must register for and maintain a minimum of eight graduate credits each semester (courses 300 or above), and a minimum of two credits during the eight week summer session. Dissertators are required to register for three dissertator credits each term including the eight week summer session. It is the responsibility of the department to verify that your fellows are fully registered.
The Fellowships will be split evenly between UW Foundation funds (233) and Graduate School funds (135). Over time, it is anticipated that Wisconsin Distinguished Fellowship funds at the UW-Foundation will provide more than half of the amount necessary to provide a full fellowship. When this occurs, the Graduate School contribution will be reduced. Released Graduate School funds will then be used to match other Wisconsin Distinguished Fellowships.
Sending out appointment letters to the fellows is a responsibility of the department.
It is the responsibility of each department to monitor the amount available at the UW-Foundation in their WDGF accounts. This is necessary to determine how often a department may offer a fellowship. Your departmental 233 account will be responsible for at least 50% of the cost of the fellowship.
Questions concerning any aspect of the Wisconsin Distinguished Fellowship Program should be directed to your School/College (contact list).
Copyright © 2001-2002 by the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.